Terms and conditions
Guest Internet Service
Welcome to the Public Safety Network Management Centre (PSNMC) Guest Internet Service. PSNMC Guest Internet Service provides free Web access, IPSEC VPN and Video Conferencing services to guests of Queensland Police Service, the Public Safety Business Agency, Department of Justice and the Attorney General including Queensland Correctional Services.
Access is subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time. If you do not agree to comply with the terms and conditions, you will not be allowed access to the Guest Internet Service.
1.1 Logging in and out of the Guest Internet Service
In order to use the Guest Internet Service you need a computer with a network card enabled and the ability to use a browser. No access is permitted until a web-based login has been completed and you have agreed to accept these terms and conditions of use by selecting "I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions".
The process for login has been provided with your username and password login details. Once the Terms and Conditions have been agreed to, the following limitations apply:
- All permitted access is now available
PSNMC applies URL and Web application filtering to all web access. While PSNMC has attempted to block only "undesirable" sites and applications, PSNMC cannot guarantee that all required sites are available.
You will be automatically logged out of the Guest Internet Service if:
- Your access is terminated by reason of a breach of these terms and conditions
- The network connection of the Guest Internet Service is disconnected.
1.2 Speed and Reliability of the Service
PSNMC Guest Internet Service provides free Web access, IPSEC VPN and Video Conferencing services.
PSNMC will use its best efforts to ensure stable and secure access to the Guest Internet Service, but does not guarantee that the access will always be free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
Upon becoming aware of any malfunction of the Guest Internet Service, PSNMC will attend to rectification of the fault, but is not obliged to do so within any specified time frame.
1.3 Inappropriate behaviour
PSNMC intends for the Guest Internet Service to be used in a manner that does not offend the standards of the general community and may in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block websites that do not meet those standards. Unacceptable websites may include, but are not limited to, websites and/or content that:
- Could cause PSNMC to breach any law governing its conduct or to incur a liability to any third party.
- Could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Guest Internet Service, PSNMC's network or equipment.
- Depicts, alludes to, or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour.
- Promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm to any group or individual.
- Harasses or promotes harassment of another person.
- Exploits people in a sexual or violent manner.
- Contains nudity, violence or offensive subject matter or which may connect to adult websites.
- Promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene or defamatory.
- Intentionally infringes copyright.
- Involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited mailing, instant messaging or spamming.
- Promotes criminal activity.
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or intercept access.
- Could reflect poorly on the reputation of the PSNMC or host agency (Queensland Police Service, Queensland Corrective Services or Department of Justice and the Attorney General).
If PSNMC becomes aware that websites are accessed in contravention of these terms and conditions, it reserves the right to immediately terminate and block the access without prior notice.
Users should be aware that the browsing or downloading of illegal information from the internet could lead to prosecution.
PSNMC cannot guarantee the security of the Guest Internet Service at all times. Your access and use of the Guest Internet Service is at your own risk. The onus is on you as user, to ensure that usernames, passwords and security-based information are kept private.
PSNMC respects your right to privacy and will not capture any personal information while accessing the Guest Internet Service unless your consent is granted.
However, once you access the service and open an internet browser application to the website, PSNMC may capture and process information about the web browser type and/or operating system information used by the enabled device in order to determine the most effective and/or customised means of displaying the requested website on your device.
PSNMC will log all access through the Guest Internet Service gateway once the terms and conditions have been agreed to. Logs will include the user name with which you logged in, the IP address assigned to your computer, the address of any site visited and any web applications used.
PSNMC is not responsible for the use that any third party may make of personal information obtained through use of the Guest Internet Service and you should make your own enquiries to satisfy yourself of the applicable policies for use of private information by the websites accessed by you.
1.6 Release and indemnity
By using the PSNMC Guest Internet Service, you release and discharge PSNMC, PSBA and PSN Partner Agencies from any liability which might arise from the use of the service including liability in relation to defamatory or offensive material or any breach of the copyright which may occur as a result of use.
You agree to indemnify and must defend and hold harmless PSNMC and PSBA and PSN Partner Agencies, its employees and agents, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your breach of these terms and conditions.